Master it Training verzorgt trainingen, opleidingen en cursussen op het gebied van software development, systeem- & netwerkbeheer en kantoorautomatisering voor het bedrijfsleven en de overheid. Ons aanbod bestaat uit ruim 650 trainingen, van een basis cursus Word, Excel of SharePoint tot een compleet MCSE traject. Wij beschikken over eigen locaties in o.a. Eindhoven, Utrecht, Rotterdam en Amsterdam. Heb je nog vragen? Vul dan het contactformulier in of bel 040-23 23 390.
Cursus Designing a OLAP Solution Architecture for the Enterprise using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
The purpose of this three day course is to teach business intelligence (BI) professionals working in enterprise environments how to design a multidimensional solution architecture that supports their BI solution. Students will go through the entire process-from capturing business and technical requirements, to deploying a multidimensional solution, to production.
Students will also be taught to develop custom functionality and optimize a multidimensional solution. The course focuses on the planning and design aspects of an analysis solution and does not teach students how to create Analysis Services database objects or how to use the development tools provided with SQL Server 2005.
Before attending this course, students must:
- Have hands-on experience with database development tasks.
- Have foundational conceptual understanding of data warehousing, data marts, and business intelligence. Students must be well versed on the subjects of data warehousing, data marts, and BI.
- Have a conceptual understanding of OLAP technologies, multidimensional data, MDX, and relational database modeling.
- Be familiar with SQL Server 2005 features, tools, and technologies. In particular, they must have built and queried an Analysis Services cube.
- Have foundational understanding of Microsoft Windows security.
- Have foundational understanding of Web-based architecture.
- Must understand the difference between replication and ETL.
And know how to use:
- Microsoft Office Visio
- Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Performance Monitor
- Microsoft SQL Server Profiler
This course is intended for experienced BI professionals. The target students for this course already have an understanding of how to use SQL Server 2005 tools to implement Analysis Services functionality, but need to develop their understanding of design principles and best practices when planning, implementing, and deploying an Analysis Services solution.
Module 1: Capturing Business and Technical Requirements
In this module, students will first learn about key design principles that they should consider when defining the scope of a BI project. They will then learn how to identify the business and technical requirements to ensure that their solution meets the needs of its users.
- Planning an Analysis Solution
- Identifying Requirements and Constraints
Module 2: Designing and Implementing a Logical OLAP Solution Architecture
This module describes considerations and guidelines for designing an OLAP solution, including a relational data warehouse and an Analysis Services cube.
- Planning an OLAP Solution
- Designing and Implementing Fact and Dimension Tables
- Designing and Implementing Cubes
Module 3: Designing Physical Storage for a Multidimensional Solution
In this module, students will learn how to design an effective physical storage solution for a multidimensional application.
- Designing Physical Storage
- Partitioning Relational Data
- Partitioning Multidimensional Data
Module 4: Creating Calculations
In this module, students will learn how to create Multidimensional Expression (MDX) calculations. The module describes how to create calculated members, named sets, and scoped assignments.
- Implementing Calculated Members
- Implementing Named Sets
- Implementing Scoped MDX Scripts
Module 5: Extending Cube Functionality
In this module, students will learn about the benefits of KPIs, actions, and stored procedures. They will also learn how to implement KPIs, actions, and stored procedures in an Analysis Services cube.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Stored Procedures
Module 6: Designing an Analysis Services Infrastructure
In this module, students will learn how to design an appropriate infrastructure for an OLAP application.
- Considerations for Analysis Services Resource Requirements
- Considerations for Analysis Services Scalability
- Considerations for Analysis Services Availability
Module 7: Deploying a Multidimensional Solution into Production
In this module, students will learn about and compare the different deployment methods available in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services. They will also learn about how security in Analysis Services functions and how to protect their company's critical business information.
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Managing Analysis Services Security
Module 8: Optimizing an OLAP Solution
In this module, students will learn how to monitor Analysis Services and how to optimize performance of their Analysis Services solutions.
- Monitoring Analysis Services
- Optimizing Performance
Module 9: Implementing Data Mining
In this module, students will learn what a data mining solution is and how to design and implement data mining functionality with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Implementing a Data Mining Solution
- Using Data Mining in a BI Solution
Cursusplanning komende maanden: