Master it Training verzorgt trainingen, opleidingen en cursussen op het gebied van software development, systeem- & netwerkbeheer en kantoorautomatisering voor het bedrijfsleven en de overheid. Ons aanbod bestaat uit ruim 650 trainingen, van een basis cursus Word, Excel of SharePoint tot een compleet MCSE traject. Wij beschikken over eigen locaties in o.a. Eindhoven, Utrecht, Rotterdam en Amsterdam. Heb je nog vragen? Vul dan het contactformulier in of bel 040-23 23 390.
Cursus Designing a ETL Solution Architecture for the Enterprise using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
The purpose of this 2-day course is to teach Business Intelligence (BI) professionals working in enterprise environments to design an extract, transform, and load (ETL) solution that supports their BI solution. Students will learn how to plan an ETL solution, and specifically how to design and implement a SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) based ETL solution.
They will also learn how to monitor, optimize, and deploy an SSIS solution. The course focuses on the planning and design aspects of an ETL solution and does not teach students how to create SSIS packages or how to use the development tools provided with SQL Server 2005.
Before attending this course, students must:
- Have hands-on experience with database development tasks.
- Be familiar with SQL Server 2005 features, tools, and technologies. In particular, they must have built an SSIS package.
- Have foundational conceptual understanding of data warehousing, data marts, and Business Intelligence. Students must be well-versed on the subjects of data warehousing, data marts, and BI.
- Have a conceptual understanding of ETL processes.
- Have foundational understanding of Microsoft Windows security.
- Have foundational understanding of Web-based architecture.
Already know how to use:
- Microsoft Office Visio
- Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Performance Monitor
- Microsoft SQL Server Profiler
This course is intended for experienced Business Intelligence (BI) professionals. The target students for this course already have experience of using the SQL Server 2005 tools to implement ETL functionality, but need to develop their understanding of design principles and best practices when planning, implementing, and deploying an ETL solution.
Module 1: Planning for ETL
In this module, Students will learn how to plan the way in which data will be transferred and staged in an ETL solution.
- Identifying Data Sources and Destinations
- Evaluating Source Data
- Identifying Staging Requirements
Module 2: Planning an SSIS Solution
In this module, students will learn how to plan an SSIS-based ETL solution. Specifically, they will learn how to plan SSIS packages, how to plan an effective package development process, and how to design the control flow within the packages.
- Planning Packages
- Planning Package Development
- Designing Package Control Flow
Module 3: Designing Data Flow
In this module, students will learn how to design data flows that extract, transform, and load data. They will also learn about factors to consider when working with slowly changing dimensions (SCDs) and when implementing custom SCD transformations.
- Understanding Data Flow
- Designing Data Flow Operations
- Handling Data Changes
Module 4: Logging, Error Handling, and Reliability
In this module, students will learn how to incorporate logging, error handling, and reliability into your SSIS package designs. The module covers standard logging, custom logging, and log reporting. The module also teaches students how to implement error handling and how to handle bad data. Finally, the module shows students how to implement a transaction strategy, use checkpoints, and handle restarts and rollbacks.
- Logging ETL Operations
- Handling Errors in SSIS
- Implementing Reliable ETL Processes with SSIS
Module 5: Optimizing an SSIS Solution
In this module students will learn how to monitor and optimize SSIS performance. They will also learn how to scale-out SSIS packages.
- Monitoring SSIS Performance
- Optimizing SSIS Packages
- Scaling Out SSIS Package
Module 6: Deploying and Operating an SSIS Solution
This module describes considerations for deploying an SSIS solution into a production environment. It also discusses some of the issues related to operations and management that you must consider when planning an SSIS solution.
- Deploying SSIS Packages
- Operating an SSIS Solution
Cursusplanning komende maanden: